A Strategic Allocator’s Guide to Productivity and Profits
How a new regime with shifting trends and sometimes unexpected motives could influence productivity and fundamentally reshape the investment-decision process.
A feature article from our U.S. partners.
Originally published in August 2023.
- Opportunities: Greater investment spending in many developed and some emerging markets, global exposures to benefit from lower correlations and greater active opportunities and thematic portfolios
- Trends and Drivers: Productivity slowed everywhere and still faces some structural headwinds
- Understanding the Divergence between Productivity and Profits
- Extrinsic X-Factors: Evolving considerations are increasingly affecting the behavior of corporations and policymakers
- Geopolitics: Peak globalization and the less stable, multipolar world order may pressure profit margins, influence corporate incentives, and animate new beneficiaries